(Netherlands – updated on: February 1st 2018)
- Consent to the use of your data
- BillPay checks whether your request for Purchase by Invoice can be met, taking into account possible default risks, or in coordination with the merchant another payment method will be offered. To this end, after confirming your requested payment method, Purchase by Invoice, BillPay conducts its own identity- and credit check.
- Further, you agree that BillPay or partner companies commissioned by BillPay may save and submit your personal information for purposes of identity and credit checks to credit reporting agencies (credit bureaus) and may obtain these information about you and, if necessary, credit information based on mathematical and statistical methods. Furthermore, you agree that BillPay or partner companies commissioned by BillPay may store your personal information in its own database and as part of its credit reporting activities may use them for other counterparties where the latter has demonstrated to the satisfaction a legitimate interest in the disclosure of information pursuant to the Federal Data Protection Act in a particular case.
In the Netherlands, this can be the following agencies:
- Regis24 GmbH, Wallstraße 58,
D-10719 Berlin, Tel.: +49 (0)30 44350-240, Fax: -249
- CRIF GmbH, Dessauerstraße 9,
D-80992 München, Tel.: +49 89 724 488 0, Fax: +49 89 724 488 22
- Experian Information Solutions, Inc., Postbus 16604,
2500 BP Den Haag
- Regis24 GmbH, Wallstraße 58,
- BillPay is part of Klarna Group. Consequently, other Group entities, in particular Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 113 43 Stockholm, Sweden („Klarna“), may included in the credit assessment described above. As a result of this, to a limited extent, credit assessment findings may be shared with Klarna as a means of improving the outcome, and processed by Klarna for own future credit assessments. Inversely, the credit assessment and any decisions made on the basis of its results for further performance of the contract may, in some cases, be undertaken entirely by Klarna. In that event, the relevant positive and negative payment experiences will be transferred to Klarna and deleted after completion of the transaction.
- All data transfers take place within the legally permissible and in consideration of your legitimate interests to the exclusion of the transmission or use. You can refer to the relevant agencies as well as to BillPay for information about the data stored concerning you.
- Other uses of your personal data
BillPay is aware that the careful handling of your personal information is important to you. Therefore your personal data will in addition to the purposes of identity and credit checks be processed, used, stored and if necessary transmitted in accordance with the relevant data protection for the following purposes only:
- Processing of payments for Purchases on Account with BillPay (including dunning and collection procedures) as well as for the provision of customer service through the merchants connected to BillPay and/ or by us
- Analysis of customer payment behavior, possibly even for connected merchants
- Analysis and exchange of data for fraud prevention purposes
- Offering further payment options and/or financial services by us or our affiliates
- Sending e-mails and letters in connection with the provision of our services to you as customers and your online merchants
- Analysis and maintenance of our databases and customer lists
- Announcement by statutory or regulatory obligations and the enforcement of BillPay’s rights and to protect other BillPay customers
- BillPay reserves the right to the purposes described above to transfer personal data to BillPay’s authorized service provider or financial partners, or to grant access to these, so far as is necessary to fulfill their tasks.
- Usage of Akamai
To optimise the user experience on this Website, BillPay calls upon the services of Content Delivery Networks (“CDN”) at Akamai Technologies AB, Hemvärnsgatan 9, 17154 Solna, Sweden and the latter’s parent company Akamai Inc., 150 Broadway, Cambridge, 02142 MA, USA. For this purpose, the web content requested from BillPay websites is routed over the Akamai server network. As a general rule, servers in proximity to the site user’s place of retrieval are used. By way of exception (for instance, in the event of attack, where site users are found outside the EU or should congestion be experienced within the EU), content can be directed over servers outside the EU, in particular servers in the United States. During utilisation of the CDN, both your IP address and data regarding your Internet use will, for technical reasons, be processed and analysed for fraud prevention purposes by Akamai. Both Akamai Technologies AB and Akamai Inc. fully comply with data protection requirements in all contract implementation.
- BillPay will not sell personal data to third parties for advertising purposes.
- To guarantee full functionality of the website, your information (address, date of birth, telephone number and if applicable business form, company name, VAT number, company registration number, bank details) are saved in your browser. As you wish, the information is only gathered as long as you clear your browser’s cache.
The users can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and data related to their use of the website (including their IP address) as well as the use of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in that is available under:
In case this website is being used via browsers from mobile devices, the users can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link:
Disable Google Analytics for this browser.
By clicking the above link, a cookie will be set on your device that prevents the collection of data via Google Analytics. The deactivation is valid only for this browser and for this domain and only as long as this cookie is saved and valid. In case the users delete the cookies in this browser, they have to click the link again in order to deactivate Google Analytics.
- This website uses etracker technology (www.etracker.com) to collect visitor behavior data. This data is collected anonymously to be used for marketing and optimization purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID and can be aggregated to a usage profile. Cookies may be used to collect and save this data, but the data remains strictly anonymous. The data will not be used to identify a visitor personally and are not aggregated with any personal data. The collection and storage of data may be refused at any time with respect to subsequent services.
- Withdrawal of consent, information, correction, blocking and deletion of personal data
- Your consent to the collection, processing, use, or transfer of your personal data, can be withdrawn at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs for the base rates. Even with a revocation BillPay remains entitled to process, use or transmit to the extent required by law or necessary for the contractual settlement of Purchases on Account or Purchases by Direct Debit with BillPay or required by a court or an authority.
- You are also entitled to receive free information about the data stored at BillPay and if necessary correct, terminate or delete this data.
- Privacy Officer
Please contact on matters relating to the collection, use, processing or transfer of your personal data as well as for information, correction, lockouts or erasure of data in writing the Privacy Officer:
External data protection officer
c/o HK2 Comtection GmbH